Updated: Nov 7, 2018
A round-up of great tips and tricks for making your next yard sale a success.
Depending on what part of the country you're in I've heard everything from Garage Sale, Tag Sale, Rummage Sale or Yard Sale. Whatever the sale you're having, you'll want to employ some of these hacks to make it a success!
1. Use a muffin tin at your cash table for an easy way to make change.
2. Label types and sizes of clothing so customers can see what you have and easily find what they're looking for.
Source: Making Lemonade Blog
3. Have power strips available for customers to be able to plug in appliances and electronics. And you if you have the product manual, tape it to the item. This will help in bolstering sales as it lets buyers know that the item was well-cared for and in good working order.
Source: Good Housekeeping
4. We all know customers can be a sucker for an impulse buy. Why do you think candy bars and magazines are near the checkout? Put together some fun kids' grab bags by the register for quick sales!
5. Think of setting up your garage sale like a department store. Make sections of "like items" so customers can easily find what they're looking for. Bonus points for labeling with cute signage.
Source: The 7th House on the Left
6. Books are hot sellers at tag sales. Here's a creative way to display them so buyers can easily read the titles. You can sort using each step as a different genre.
7. Setting up for a yard sale can be a lot of work, especially the pricing piece. Make your life easier by setting up a color coding system.
Source: Inspired Whims
8. Here's another trick using a ladder, but this time for clothing. Hanging clothing also makes a nicer presentation than stuffing it all in boxes. Customers are more likely to browse (and buy!) when items are hung rather than having to paw through bins and boxes.
Source: Mommy Goes Green
9. If people don't know you're having a sale, you're not going to make a lot of money, right?! Signage is key and making it humorous and fun will draw in the crowds!
Source: Happiness is Homemade
10. It never hurts to have refreshments at your rummage sale. Yummy snacks and cold drinks can go a long way towards sweetening the deal!
Source: The Fun Times Guide
Here's to your next yard sale being a success!
Have you found a hack that works for you? Share in the comments!