5 Ways to make your New Year's Resolutions fun!
Did you know that 2019 is the year of the pig?! I didn't. I just learned I was born in the year of the horse. I think there's something to be said for the connection between these Chinese zodiacs and personality traits. But, I digress!
The focus of this post is on new year's resolutions. Do you or don't you make them? Whatever camp you're in I've rounded up 5 unique ways to help you tackle 2019 in fun, light-hearted, and creative ways!
1. In addition to choosing my focus word for the year, I decided to take the advice of Gretchen Rubin and make a "19 for 2019" list. You basically create a list of small tasks, big tasks, and everything in-between tasks to try and accomplish over the course of the year.
2. If coming up with 19 things is too overwhelming, I suggest using this cool Want-Need-Share-Succeed sheet. There's something to be said about putting your intentions in writing and letting the universe do it's thing!
3. For folks you are anti-list makers, let me suggest making a vision board. This is a great way to create a goal sheet using pictures and images to set the tone for what you want to accomplish over the next 12 months.
4. Another neat idea is to take a picture of yourself with your resolution. There's nothing like having physical evidence to motivate you to do what you said you were going to do! And if you saved the photos each year you'd have one really cool album to demonstrate how you've grown and succeeded.
5. Lastly, let me suggest making a rememberlutions jar as an awesome alternative to resolutions! Instead of making a list of things that might stress you out or make you feel like a failure, keep a record of all the things you're proud of throughout the year and all those ta-da moments!
Setting goals for the year ahead doesn't have to be a scary, monumental task. Pick one of these suggestions and get to work!
Did one resonate with you? Is there a creative approach that you do that you'd add to the list?